International Innovation Conference, agenda
Day 1, August 25:th, open sessions for IFIA-members and invited guests
09:00 - 10:00 Registering, coffee, mingle
10:00 - 10:15
Opening address from Mr Alireza Rastegar, president of IFIA
10:20 - 10:30 Welcome speech, SUF
- the CEO or Chairman of The Swedish Inventor’s Association
10:30 - 10:45 IFIA’s importance representing the inventors and innovators of the world.
- Mr Alireza Rastegar, president of IFIA
10:45 - 11:05 "Interfacing with the Entrepreneur"
- The necessity of cooperation between inventor and entrepreneur
- Mr Örjan Strandberg, chairman of STIK - The Stockholm Innovators Association
11:05 - 11:30 "Why does invention fail in Academia?"
- Mr Christoph Bartneck, Ph.d, Associate Professor, HIT Lab NZ, University of Canterbury
11:30 - 12:00 IPR and it’s importance in the innovation process
- WIPO representative Marco Aleman, Acting Director/Patent Law Division
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch, served in the Congress Restaurant
13:15 - 13:45 "Using innovation and inventiveness to solve social and technological problems"
- Mr Marcelo Vivacqua, Inventor, Researcher, Academic Professor PhD in Biotechnology
13:45 - 14:15 "Where do innovations origin?"
The presentation of a recent study
LIC. Dr. Christian Sandström, Associate professor, Chalmers University of Technology and the Ratio institute
14:15 - 14:45 "The Israel wonder: realizing innovation"
- Mr Oren Simanian, CEO and Founder of StarTau, Founder of StartIsrael
14:45 - 15:15 Coffe break
15:15 - 15:45 The Swedish national innovation strategy
- Mr Ola Asplund, representative for the Swedish Government Innovation Council
15:45 - 17:00 Panel. Questions
17:00 - 17:00 Closing of the Conference